|Phone:||M: (941) 928-0023||(941) 928-0023||mobile|
Why I love Sarasota!
After retiring from being a School Psychologist and Special Educator in New Jersey, I moved to Sarasota 17 years ago, with my husband, a retired Education Administrator and boat captain. We had “discovered” Sarasota by virtue of visiting my parents, who moved here in 1984. Falling in love with this “Paradise,” we eagerly moved here in 2000, and bought a home in a premier waterfront community with one of the best private marinas on the west coast of Florida.
As a long time boater and former scuba diver, it is so easy to see why Sarasota is a great place for all things “Water.” Fishing has always been my passion and there is an opportunity to catch all sorts of species throughout the year. Whether you prefer gulf, surf or backwater fishing, Sarasota has it all. Spending so much time boating ultimately got me interested in marketing and selling those properties along the water and beaches I saw so frequently. These were the homes and condominiums on Siesta Key, Casey Key, Bird Key, Longboat and Lido Key, as well as the Bayfront properties along the mainland shore.
There is never an excuse to be bored in Sarasota because of the variety of activities to enjoy. Just some suggestions for things to do:
- Take an early morning walk along the World’s #1 beach at Siesta Key
- Play a round of golf on one of the many pristine golf courses in the area
- Attend a first rate Broadway performance at the Asolo Theatre
- Go to the Sarasota Opera
- See the local ballet troupe perform
- Stroll downtown on Main Street and sample some homemade ice cream
- Walk around St. Armand’s Circle, shop and have a relaxing lunch
- Go to the Downtown Farmer’s Market on an early Saturday morning
- Visit the many art, music and craft festivals held all over the area
- Take a leisurely bike ride on the Legacy Trail or kayak down the ICW
There’s always something to do or something going on that is bound to be of interest. I can’t imagine living anywhere else!